TDI’s design engineering team has many years experience of developing highly innovative electronic products for both consumer and professional markets. Product applications, to mention a few, include networked video cameras and recorders, homeland security, payment security, professional audio, oil and gas, digital broadcasting and environmental monitoring.
Design and manufacturing support services from TDI cover the full product development lifecycle from proof-of-concept prototype to volume production.
Please view our Expertise page for further detail on the breadth of our technological experience and design engineering capability. For further reading on other features and articles, please view the Knowledge Vault.
- 8, 16, 32-bit – low-end MCUs to high-end video processors.
- Custom logic: FPGAs, CPLDs.
- Digital video.
- Digital audio.
- Digital signal processors.
- High-speed Memories: DDR1, DDR2, DDR3.
- High-speed interfaces: Gigabit Ethernet, USB, HDMI, SATA.
- Intrinsically Safe design for hazardous environments.
- Low-power analogue and digital electronics.
- Wireless: Bluetooth 2.1+EDR / Bluetooth 4.x (BLE), WiFi, ZigBee.
Manufacturing / Production Support
- Technical liaison with component manufacturers and distributors.
- High-speed signal integrity methodologies.
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM) optimisations.
- Design for Test (DFT) optimisations.
- PCB types from single-sided to controlled impedance multi-layer.
- PCBs featuring High-Density Interconnect (HDI) with sequential build-up (SBU).
- Technical liaison with Contract Electronics Manufacturers (CEMs).
- Global regulatory product approvals.